Monday, January 30, 2017

Christmas and January Gaming

Warlord Games Greek Hoplites painted as shades; bases for the warriors created with washer, green stuff and Basisus molds.


There's big moves afoot as I am preparing for a move to a new house which will have...gasp...a gaming room!  With a DOOR!   Which means that I can leave a game set up overnight and not have the pieces become cat toys during the middle of the night.  I'm really hoping this will get me the impetus to finish alpha development and playtesting on Invasion:UFO and get it out to more people to playtest.  My last change completely revamped experience gain and spending and the tactical AI for the aliens, so there's a lot of testing that needs to be done.

A report on the 2016 Christmas Game is coming -- it's written up but I need to get the pictures off the camera (I've realized that a big detriment to the blog is the current friction in getting pictures off the camera, processed, and ready to go up.  I'm looking to see if there are any more efficient processes I could put in place there and I've got a couple I'm experimenting with).

Finally, just before Christmas three events combined to produce the Greek shades at the top of the post:

  1. Sekret Project M was set in motion (to borrow Mike Whittaker's naming convention) -- part of which was an ongoing desire to collect and paint the classical creatures of Greek mythology and a kickstarter which fed that desire (which I am going to surprise my wife with when it arrives - thus the sekret part)
  2. Our Basius kickstarter arrived -- I love these!  I'll be writing some more about these, but I'm very happy we got in the kickstarter and I know we will be buying more of these soon.  The bases pictured came from the "Tundra" base which is great for anything rocky -- sandy beach, meadow with rocks, or...Tundra, I guess :)  It's a great generic base.
  3. And Warlord Games had a 50% off sale for their plastic sprues of Greek Hoplites
The result?  1 set of Greek warriors to paint up for Crooked Dice's 7th Voyage game and 1 set to create the ghosts/shades to oppose those warriors.  Or maybe replace them in a game!  I was thinking it would be neat to have a battle which has a corresponding battle going on in the Underworld.  

I'd also be remiss if I didn't point out that the paint scheme for the shades was inspired by Matakashi whose site always serves to inspire me.  (Search on "shades by Foundry" on the page to see the inspiration - there was no way to direct link)
  



No comments:

Post a Comment