Wednesday, August 17, 2011

By Your Command

Colony 13 -- By Your Command

So the very day that I asked on my favorite gaming list (Hello, TNGG!) if anyone sold 15mm Cylons -- these guys went on sale:

http://dropshiphorizon.blogspot.com/2011/08/beam-us-up-by-your-command.html

I ordered the Star Trek figs, too -- that was just mean releasing them on the same day.  Ordered on Friday, received on Monday -- that's service!  And the owner is a fellow Louisianan.

The Sybots are dead ringers for the old-stlye Centurions.  EXCEPT for the head.  The details are right but it's more skull-like than Centurion.  But it was pretty simple to sculpt on a head crest and widen the helmet out.  Here's what I ended up with:

Why, yes, that is Gold Leader in the middle....
 
I just need something for the kilt.  I'm not sure I'm up to sculpting chain mail that drapes convincingly.  Hmm, maybe tissue paper soaked in white glue. That worked for my cloth balloon corps.

Special rule: Aliens deduct one die from close combat as they are mesmerized by the moving eye (think kittens and laser pointers).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment